10 Jun Navigating our way through a ‘new normal’ – Safety measures taken for my studio sessions
Navigating our way through a ‘new normal’
The news we have all been waiting for – slowly, but surely, businesses have been given the go ahead from the Government to reopen!
It is such an exciting and yet apprehensive time, as we all navigate our way through a ‘new normal.’ I wanted to write this blog to let you know about the new measures that will be put in place to protect my clients and my own family.
Guidelines say that where possible, a 2 metre distance must be adhered to and where this is not possible, PPE must be work and processes put in place to limit contact as much as possible.
With my style of newborn photography, I am lucky that adapting my session workflow to adhere to the new guidelines and minimising contact, will be fairly easy. Older baby sessions (sitter, cake smash, milestone) generally aren’t very hands on for me, because I usually ask the parents to help put baby back into place if they are crawling around, while I am at the other end at the ready with my camera! With regards to maternity sessions, I will minimise the level of adjustments I make during these sessions (to hair, outfits etc), so I am not too close for too long.
Rest assured, I will still be able to capture a gallery of beautiful memories for all sessions.
Working with pregnant women and babies, means that cleanliness has always been a top priority, even before Covid hit. Most of the below, are processes I already had in place. However, there are just a few additional measures that have been added in.
The studio & props
- The studio will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before and after each session
- I will be leaving a 72 hour gap between studio sessions
- My beanbag which is faux leather will be wiped down with a disinfectant
- All materials used during each session (wraps, blankets, maternity gowns, baby outfits) will be washed between sessions
- Props used during the session will be disinfected
- No shoes to be worn inside the studio
- Unfortunately no props from home can be brought into the studio
- Sadly I am now unable to offer studio refreshments, except bottled water
- Hands will be sanitised by myself and clients before entering the studio and as clients leave
Before the session
- A few days before the session, I will ask if clients, or any members of their immediate family have been unwell, or had a temperature
- Sessions will be postponed if myself or clients have a temperature, or feel unwell
- Immediate family only for the session (excluding furry friends)
- Minimal contact wherever possible
- Newborn sessions – slight changes will be made to my workflow, to include more wrapped/swaddled shots
- Sitter and cake smash/milestone sessions – I will rely on the parent/s to move their little one back into position
PPE and sanitiser
- A mask will be worn by me at all times
- Clients will be asked to bring their own masks
- Hand sanitiser will be available to use throughout the session
- I will wear cotton clothing that will be washed and fresh for each session
In the event that a member of your family needs to use the toilet, I want to assure you that the space will be thoroughly disinfected before and after use, including door handles, light switches, soap dispenser, taps and all surfaces. A freshly washed hand towel will be provided for you to dry your hands.
I hope that you feel reassured by all the measures I am putting in place. As this is an new situation for everyone, I am completely open to feedback and suggestions, so please feel free to comment.
I am really looking forward to getting behind the camera and photographing you all again!